Friday, September 30, 2011

**PeAcY kEeN, tAnGeRiNe??** My latest painting for Ooooh La La Art Gallery @ www.etsy.com/shop/arcticbarbiegirl


One thing I have noticed as an artist is that sometimes paintings are started for one reason or another, and then end up with a different purpose entirely. Nothing could be more true than that of my latest painting, "Peachy Keen, Tangerine?". In my true, whimsical style, this painting was inspired by a Kitchen Aid mixer--in orange. True story.

Handcrafted frame by artist, Whitney Madison; this painting is fully texturized, includes fitted ribbon around the perimeter, and embellished with Swarovski crystals, and sealed for perfection. The sage and tangerine colors are soothing, yet have a little zing to them. Acrylic medium.

You can find this, and other paintings by me on my online art gallery: www.etsy.com/shop/arcticbarbiegirl

Swarovski crystal embellishments

Texturized tangerine in soft metalics

No comments:

Post a Comment