Wednesday, April 23, 2014

**NEW PAINTING**: Mosaic Art "SURF": Original Painting by Artist, Whitney Madison

 
 
 
 
I just returned from yet another FABULOUS surf trip to the North Shore, on the island of Kauai, Hawaii. It is so amazing to literally take a vacation where the only obligation is to paddle into, and catch as many waves as possible. Hanalei Bay is my favorite surf location. Not only is the surfing amazing, but the town, the people, and the spirit of ALOHA abounds there. There are so many little art galleries that showcase the local artisans' pieces there. I am always inspired when I pop into the little shops, and have a chance to admire some of the new pieces that have come about (since my last trip there).
 


SURF is a piece that was inspired out of my love for the sport of surfing. To me, surfing is beautiful, and powerful. It is such a challenging sport, and I love that every wave I catch has its own character, and thrill that comes with the ride.


 

This piece is on a 24"X20"X1.5" stretched canvas. My signature, handcrafted frame has mosaic glass pieces embedded, and is sealed with a high gloss/sparkle glaze. The surfboard, and writing are in my classic, texturized style, and the surfboard has mosaic glass embedded in the texturization as well. I use acrylic as my medium, and then seal my painting with a high gloss glaze. This painting is ready to hang. The wooden frame mounts directly onto nails--there is no need to add picture hangers. Ready to mount on any wall, and fun to touch!
 
 

I love the sparkle of the glass, and I had a lot of fun coupling mosaic intrigue with the sport I love.
 
 
 
To view more of my pieces, please visit my online art gallery at
 
 
(: Custom orders alway welcome. :)


Cheers! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment