Tuesday, May 6, 2014

**NEW PAINTING**: HIBISCUS Original Artwork By Artist, Whitney Madison

 
 
This painting was inspired by my love for the hibiscus flowers that pepper the islands of Hawaii with amazing color, and beauty. I love the shape, and unique characteristics of the hibiscus flower, and always seem to end up taking multiple photographs of them while I am on the islands.
 
 
 
 
 
This painting has my signature handcrafted frame, on a 18"X24"X2" stretched canvas, with clear glass beads embedded. It has acrylic pearl white paint, and is sealed in a high gloss glaze. The background is in a midnight navy blue acrylic, and the hibiscus flowers are white acrylic, with pearl white, and midnight blue highlights. The anther and stigma coming from the center style (biological names for the center of the flower) are embellished with clear Swarovski crystals, as are both letter "i" on the writing, "Hibiscus". The entire painting is sealed in a high gloss glaze, and perfect to hang in any room.
 
The wood frame mounts directly onto nails. There is no need to add picture hangers! This painting pops off the canvas in my signature texturized style, and is fun to touch!

 

I am usually so enamored with the beauty and color of the hibiscus, but wanted this painting to focus on the beauty of the actual structure of the hibiscus flower.

(: CHEERS! :)
 
To view this painting, or others in my online art gallery, please visit
 
 
If you do not see color/content you would like, custom orders are always welcome. Please leave a message on my website.


No comments:

Post a Comment