Friday, December 2, 2011

"ALL THINGS CONSIDERED I'M DOIN' JUST FINE": Catching You All Up On All The Random Stuff That Is My Life That Has Not Been On My Blog Since I'm Going Through My PJ Pants and Bon Bon Eating Phase of Life (is that a run-on sentence?) ;)



It's been a really, really messed up week. Seven days of torture, seven days of bitter. And my boyfriend went and cheated on me. He's a California dime, but it's time for me to quit him. La la la WHATEVER. La la la DOESN'T MATTER. La la la OH WELL. La la la...
Ok...so I stole that song. And I changed some words. And only most of that verse actually applies to my life, but that song is on my iPod and I went with it--so there. BTW...I love that song. It makes me want to get jiggy with it.
( And yes, I posted the Hollywood sign because that's how my life's been--drama drama drama)

My Life (if you care):

I broke up with my boyfriend three weeks ago. Go out on your deck for a minute and put your hand up to your ear and listen. Hear that? That sound that sounds like an NFL football stadium  erupting? Those are the cheers coming out of Palmer, Alaska. Yes...I made it to the three week mark--it's the real deal. It's all over. I actually was doing ok until yesterday and then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I think that's what you call a "delayed reaction". I'm ok though. "How is that possible, Whitney? You just lost the love of your life!!!" I know...but I went to Grease Monkey today and I feel much better. If you look at the picture below you will figure out why that is.


I got my oil changed today. When I got back in my car this flower was waiting for me on my dashboard. I have been feeling sorry for myself for two days, and then this happened. It was a combination of reactions. At first I was like, "WTH?", then I was like, "Awww...that's sweet!" then I was like, "Great, figures the guy from the lube shop would try to woo me." then I was like, "I bet they do this for all their female clients." DING DING DING DING! Well, at least I got flowers from a man today. We had a big discussion about this on Facebook, which begged the question, "I wonder what they leave for their male clients on the dashboard?". I can think of only one thing...BACON. By the way, that flower cost me $35.99 + tax.

So, yes...it's been kind of a weird three weeks. I've been trying to "rearrange" life and the way I think a little. It's been pretty good for the most part. The "where do I go from here" is both exciting and intimidating. It's sad, too, but it's not a surprise by any means. The inevitable has been brewing for two years. Between the distance, and the lack of commitment, and his family, friends, and other priorities it just was too much. He finally started looking for jobs down here and was still under the impression that we would be dating when he got down here. I figured after knowing me for 15 years and dating me for 3 of them that it would be best to save him an expensive move down here, and save me 5 more years of beating my head against the wall in order to reach the same conclusion with this man--I wasn't THE ONE. I could've dated him for 15 more years and it probably would've taken him that long to admit it to himself. Anyway, I love him enough to stop tormenting him. I'm giving him the gift of "moving on to greener pastures" (which is kind of funny, cuz he lives in a farming town *har*har*har*...I'll be here all week).  Now everyone in Palmer, Alaska, can breathe their sigh of relief and only continue to torment themselves with my blog. You're finally rid of me! Well...not completely if you're reading this.

It's been a super busy couple of months for me at work. I have been able to experience a ton of things, and it's been fast-paced, and exciting! I've delivered two babies by myself over the past couple of months. Not on purpose. Turns out that when those little suckers feel like shooting out, they will do so at their leisure. They're not one bit interested about whether or not the doctor is the first person they see in this world or not! It's been pretty funny, actually. Both of the babes were a very big surprise to me. I had no gloves on or anything during the deliveries. Then, to make it even funnier, I was so stunned at what I had just had to do that I put gloves over the top of my dirty hands without even realizing it. Crazy! I love being a labor and delivery nurse. :)

It's been an amazing week with respect to my blog that I wrote on Cleidocranial Dysplasia. Paige and I are both now Facebook friends with a person who lives in Mexico who also has CCD. He is the same age as my daughter, and I know Paige is jazzed to have someone to talk to about the condition. They have been comparing notes on life, surgeries they've had to endure, etc. It's been awesome that all this has come from simply writing a blog post in an effort to get the word out to the rest of the world about the rare condition. :)

I started selling paintings for a limited time to benefit my church's new expansion project. I ended up selling 4 paintings and all the proceeds were able to go to the church. It was exciting for me to be able to help. I also had a lot of fun in the process.

My website for my online art gallery is in the process of being overhauled. Originally I was going to rename it, but have decided I love the name way too much to get rid of it. There will be some changes coming to Ooooh La La Art Gallery @ www.etsy.com/shop/arcticbarbiegirl STAY TUNED! It's exciting! I'm also preparing to start going to art shows next spring/summer. :)

I got news this week!-- my good friend from highschool told me that he might be moving back home to Evergreen, CO, soon! Actually, when he got in touch with me to tell me he asked if I was mad at him--which I totally was. The last time he was in town he had a party I was supposed to attend. Then he told me that when I got up to Evergreen I should call and he would give me directions to his house. After I drove all the way up there I called him. And called him. And called him, but nobody answered. Turns out homeboy left his phone in his pocket in another room of the house during the party, and it must have been such a good party that he never realized I wasn't there--all night!! Anyway, he asked if he could take me out to dinner to make it up to me when he gets home in a few weeks. I told him that he could, but that I'm expensive so he should plan on taking me to a very nice restaurant, and bring lots of money. I told him I was going to eat like Jabba the Hut. If that isn't hot, I don't know what is. ;) It will be nice to have my buddy back in town! And he wants me to do another painting for him. Twist my arm. :)

This whole idea of being a single chick is uncharted territory for me. I had a very sweet guy come up to me at church and ask me point blank: "Seriously, Whitney...what do you want from a guy--what do you look for?" My only response?...a pina colada and beachfront property in Hawaii. Then I tried to redirect the conversation so as to avoid being asked out on a date. I asked him if he had tried www.christiansingles.com and I told him when he got done on there to let me know how it goes. LOL! Sorry...I don't know what to do with men at this point in my life. I finally told him my life's ambition is to stay single forever. I want to be like Cameron Diaz in "There's Something About Mary"...only I don't want to end up with Ted.



I've had a couple of "chick" encounters over the past couple of weeks--both of which made me laugh and were great topics to gab about on the social network. The first was when I ran into my arch rival's BFF from highschool. I haven't seen her in many years and it was one of those moments where you walk away feeling like the queen of the universe because you smoked the competition. I think I had a catwalk strut on the way out of the store, and probably the hip wiggle that goes with it.I think in my head I was playing, "I'm Sexy and I Know It" by LMFAO. My eyebrows also look stellar compared to those fuzzy muppet eyebrows she's STILL sporting. Good lord. There's way too much hot wax in the world to let that unfortunate genetic mishap happen to your face. Did I just say that? Shame on me. *Repenting*



The other chick encounter was a snarky comment that was aimed at me on the social network. It was by a girl who is very bitter, socially backwards, obviously bored, and mildly delusional.The first time I met her I was like, "OMG...she's a real barrel of monkeys!" Anyway, I was actually giggling when I read it. Well, and I felt like puking a little, too--but mostly giggling. Girls are so funny. I wonder if she sat on the other end of her computer wondering, "I wonder if she knows that that comment was really directed at her!??" No worries, darlin'. As luck would have it, I didn't fall off a watermelon truck. At least not recently. Aren't we girls fun??? OMG...we are such chicks sometimes. I'm right in there with the best of them. ;)

I started looking at houses online over the past couple of weeks. Holy crap--what a sign of the times. There are SO many bank owned properties and short sale properties out there right now--it's sad. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy a home in the next year. I've talked to my kids about it and they don't want to move again. There probably won't be time to buy a home over the next 6-7 months anyhow. We're going to Kauai in April, and I'm headed back out to Maui in June or July. I have one free night's stay at the condo I stay at in Kihei, so I figure the thousands of dollars in airfare, etc. is justified because I get one night free! That's blonde logic there for ya, people. ;)

So there's the scoop people! I promise I'll be back to my normal blogging self soon. I just need a few days/weeks/months/years to get through this breakup thingy and I'll be back!!!! Cheers!

OH...and since a lot of people on Facebook have decided that changing their profile pics to characters from Rudolf the Rednosed Reindeer for the holidays, it's only fitting that I post one, too.


Yukon Cornelius says, "Merry Christmas to all!...and to all a GOODNIGHT!" LOL! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment