Tuesday, July 5, 2011

On a More Serious Note--Thank You To Everyone Who Makes This Blog So Much Fun To Write :)


Ok, now you've really done it. See how serious my face is? I'm kidding--although I must say, I am writing this because I am completely thrilled at the response to my blog. The past two months have surpassed anything I thought was remotely possible with the amount of hits I've received--and the fact that anyone really cares about the things I blah-dee blah blog about on this site is completely stunning to me. I have literally had thousands of hits per month from all over the world. It has been a ton of fun for me to see my blog evolve and grow into what I consider a personal success.

I started this blog a little over a year ago. I used to send out a "Friday Quote List" to all of my friends via email that would compile the hilarious things they had said to me the previous week. I also used to caption funny photos I would find on the internet as part of the Friday Quote List (no, that really wasn't me in the melon colored bathing suit in last week's post, even though I said it was). I love that I can do this now through my blog, and actually make people laugh. I love the responses I get from my friends on Facebook when I post links to my blog--you guys make it all worth while. I'm also a bit of a dork (shocking, I know)--most of the time I'm laughing as I'm writing it. What can I say? I entertain myself from time to time. From the U.S., to the UK, to Malaysia, Chile, Ireland and France (to name a few), Blah-dee Blah Blah Blah-dee Blah Blah Blog has really taken off...thanks to all of you. 

I love looking at the map of the different countries where I get blog hits from daily. I don't think there's a country on the map who hasn't stopped by my blog at one point or another. It's also been a GREAT way to stay in touch with family and friends, and to keep you updated on the happenings in the crazy, yet totally fun (at times) "Life of Whitney".

As most of you know, anything is fair game on my blog. I try to avoid bringing a ton of controversy into my blog, or blatantly offending people, and I like to keep it fairly clean. I don't think you need to be dirty to be funny. Comedy Central has yet to receive this memo, but my blog will continue to be a good mix of funny with classy--without being dreadfully boring (and NO, you're not allowed to get mad at me or think I was tacky for making fun of the Blasphemy Triplets in last week's post--that was aimed at them, not Jesus).

I hope you all continue to enjoy this blog as much as I enjoy writing it. It's a great outlet for all the goofy thoughts that go through my mind. Anyone who knows me knows that the only way I make it through this life is to laugh through it. My house is my own version of Comedy Central. My children are a chip off the old block--there's not a whole lot of "serious" going on in my home unless it's absolutely necessary. Paige and I were making dinner last week and we were going back and forth about something, and she literally had me laughing so hard I was crying, and could barely stand up. From Costco, to kids, to padded bikini tops from Abercrombie--there's always going to be something for me to blog about. Although this may scare some people, I find it thrilling. :)

Thanks again to all of you who take the time to read this. I completely appreciate it and look forward to taking it beyond the success it has already achieved. 

2 comments:

  1. May I just say that while I love your blog, I still miss the quote list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I like it when it's dirty. But not too dirty. Pig in the mud kind of dirty. Not Monica Lewinski dirty that is. But it depends what your definition of is, is.

    ReplyDelete