Monday, October 3, 2011

**NEW PAINTING**: "Surf Girl" by Whitney Madison; my latest painting added to my online art gallery at www.etsy.com/shop/arcticbarbiegirl


As many of you know, I am planning on moving to Hawaii in 8 years. Until that time, a large portion of my art gallery is going to be dedicated to paintings inspired by my love of Hawaii. They will also be funding the expensive housing I will one day need to purchase in order to live my dream. ;)

SURF GIRL is my latest painting, inspired by my recent trip to Maui and by the movie, "Soul Surfer". I am taking my twin daughters to Kauai for spring break to teach them how to surf, so I figured the three girlie girl surfboards were a good representation of us. :)

Handcrafted frame by artist, Whitney Madison. The frame is a true blue metallic aquamarine color with glass beads and glitter glaze. The pink backdrop was perfect for placing colorful surfboards. The perimeter is adorned with paisley and blue satin ribbon, and embellished with Swarovski crystals. Truly a surf girl's dream.

To view my online art gallery, please visit Ooooh La La Art Gallery at www.etsy.com/shop/arcticbarbiegirl


Another view of "Surf Girl"




Glass beads around the handcrafted, sparkle glazed frame, and Swarovski crystal embellishments.



No comments:

Post a Comment