Friday, October 21, 2011

**NEW PAINTING**: "SURF LIKE A GIRL" Painting #1 in a series by artist, Whitney Madison


"SURF LIKE A GIRL" is the first painting of which I intend to make a series of surf-related paintings that focus on women in the sport of surfing. My handcrafted white, metallic frame has clear glass beads that have a splash of aqua blue in the center. This painting is in an acrylic medium, and is fully texturized. The painting is sealed for protection with a high gloss glaze, and the waves are sealed with high gloss glaze that has a bit of sparkle to it. Created on a 16"X20" canvas, this painting is ready to hang on the wall and bring character to any room.

This photo shows the textured detailing of the waves, and handcrafted frame, as well as the glass beads. This painting is done entirely in metallic acrylics that are bold and brilliant.


I sculpted this surf girl and her board. I love the size of the wave compared to the size of the girl. It was inspired by some of my favorite surfing photos, and proves that no matter how small you are you can still get out there and tear it up--and rock it like a girl.


Up close detailing of my surf girl and her board.


You can find this, and my other paintings in my online art gallery at



No comments:

Post a Comment