Sunday, April 11, 2010

Drop that burrito and smile for the camera, Ed!


I couldn't let John Lynch be the only (former) Denver Bronco on my blog so I decided to have Ed McCaffrey join him so he doesn't feel like the only (former) NFL football star to be exploited on this site of mindless banter. This past summer I was with my daughter and her friend getting ready to attend the Metro Station concert at Eliches. We decided to take a break from the heat and amusement park fun and head over to Illegal Pete's for a burrito that is literally the size of my head (but holy freakin' yum-o, Batman). Granted, I have kind of a pinhead but still--that's a big burrito. While chomping away at this mound of deliciousness who should walk in but Ed. Apparently Ed McCaffery likes giant head-sized burritos, too. Paige grabbed her camera and said, "I'm going to go ask him for a picture!" I got all embarrassed and said, "Aw, come on, Paiger, LET THE MAN EAT HIS BURRITO IN PEACE!" She lovingly looked at me, smiled, grabbed her camera and got up from the table. On her way over to stalk Mr. McCaffery she looked at me, giggled, and stated, "Mom, I don't have issues like you with being a creeper." Which is why she has the cool picture and I don't. ;)

1 comment:

  1. That's pretty awesome. Easy Ed was one of my favorite Broncos.

    ReplyDelete