Monday, April 12, 2010

Why THANK YOU TSA for being so observant and for keeping America safe! BTW...I just puked a little in my mouth.


So during our most recent trip to Disneyland I walked down to the security line at Denver International Airport with my herd of 4 amazing children and stood their waiting in line with the rest of the anxious travelers. The twins, Chloe and Emma, are 7.5 years old. Paige is 18 years old but she is only 4'11" tall and not that much taller than the twins. And then there's Beau. Beau is 6'4" and he was wearing his Philadelphia Eagles baseball cap that day and some pimp shades that he decided not to remove as we got past the first man at security who checks your tickets. The TSA guy looked at my ID first. He said, "Okay, mom! You're good to go." Then he checked Chloe and Emma's tickets, followed by Paige's ticket and ID, and then he got to Beau. He then said, "And you must be dad!" which made me shiver a little in every fiber of my being. I said, "Uh, no...that's my son. He's a minor. He doesn't have ID." The TSA guy was pretty embarrassed and I was pretty sick to my stomach. I realize that I am a young mom of teens but holy stromboli, Batman...NOT THAT YOUNG! And my son looks older than he is but NOT THAT OLD! It is bad when your son gets mistaken for your spouse though...I must say!

No comments:

Post a Comment